Registration details, please scroll down..
AMS Menopause Update
Thursday 2nd August 0900-1230
If you wish to register for Menopause Update only please use this link:
Held at Western Sydney University, Parramatta CBD, Sydney, the theme of the meeting is ‘Women’s health, life and rights’, focusing on diverse psychosocial aspects of women’s reproductive health. This will include clinical updates and cutting edge research across a range of disciplines.
We invite obstetricians, gynaecologists, general practitioners, nurses, midwives, sexual health providers, allied health professionals, trainees and women’s reproductive health researchers to present and attend the conference.
Parramatta has always been a meeting place. The meeting of salt and fresh water brought the Indigenous clans of the Darug together, the area’s first inhabitants and traditional custodians for over 40,000 years.
Today Parramatta is a lively multicultural city and a hub of dining, shopping, commerce and entertainment, a scenic ferry or train ride from Sydney CBD.
AMS Menopause Update has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program 2017-19 Triennium, Activity No 130630 – Total Points 6 Category 2.
Invitation to submit
We welcome papers on all topics that reflect the interests of the society, in particular those that fall under the theme for this year’s meeting: ‘Women’s Health, Lives & Rights’.
- Abstracts must be no more than 300 words.
- Abstracts should not contain references or figures; however, they may contain tables.
- Please submit in a word document using Arial font size 11. The title is to be left justified, in Upper and Lower Case (not CAPITALS) followed by double spacing, then author/s name/s in upper and lower case. Use number superscripts for authors’ institutional affiliations and list affiliations and city below the names. The name of the author presenting the paper must be underlined: a) Title (Upper and Lower Case – not CAPITALS); b) Author 1, Author 2, Author 3; c) One organisation and city (one line per affiliation) .
- Do not use printing enhancements such as different fonts, italics, underlining, bold text etc, except for italics for non-English words or scientific names where necessary.
- All abstracts will be printed as submitted, so should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar before submitting.
- Your abstract may be eligible for one of the prizes. Please check if you are eligible for any of the prizes, refer to guidelines on the website.
- Include a statement on ethical compliance, not counted in word limit.
- Abstracts must be submitted by email (as a Word attachment) to Lesley Woods, email@example.com
- Please name the e-mail attachment as follows:
- First author’s surname+initials.doc eg Citizen J.doc
- If you are the first author on more than one abstract, please number the e-mail file as follows: Citizen J1.doc, Citizen J2.doc
- Emails MUST be received on or before Wednesday 30 May 2018. You will be emailed an acknowledgment of receipt.
Notification of Acceptance
- Authors will be advised by Friday 6 June 2018 whether or not their abstracts have been accepted.
- Successful abstracts will be published in the Meeting handbook and distributed to delegates at the Annual Scientific Meeting. Abstracts will be published only if the presenting author is a registered or invited delegate. If authors do not register by the specified date of Friday 6 July 2018, the abstract will not appear in the program and will not be published.
ASPOG offers three prizes for papers presented at the ASPOG annual meeting.
1. THE “ASPOG NEW RESEARCHER PRIZE”
Applicants will be eligible for this prize if they are within 5 years of a Bachelor, Masters or a PhD degree or of obtaining fellowship of a National Clinical College, and present their paper in person at the meeting.
The Prize consists of a framed plaque and future subscription to an ASPOG scientific meeting to be used within 5 years of it being awarded.
2. “ROGER WURM AWARD” FOUNDER OF ASPOG 1991 To be awarded for the best scientific paper presented in person at the annual meeting.
The prize consists of a framed plaque.
3. “THE SUZANNE ABRAHAM CLINICAL PRESENTATION AWARD”
To be awarded for the best clinical presentation during the specified session of the meeting by a junior doctor (registrar or below).
The prize consists of a monetary award of $450.
The ASPOG Program and call for abstracts information is correct at the time of printing. However, the organisers reserve the right to change the information where necessary without notice.
Early Bird Registration Standard Registration
Before 30 June 2018 After 30 June 2018
ASPOG Member $500 $600
Non-member $600 $700
Nurse Registration $400 $450
Non-salaried Student $300 $350
ASPOG Member $285 $350
Non-member $320 $380
Nurse Registration $225 $250
Non-salaried Student $190 $255
Full ASPOG Registration includes entry to all ASPOG sessions and displays; Friday and Saturday sessions, Networking Reception, morning and afternoon teas and lunches and a delegate pack.
Student Registration is only available to those that provide evidence of their full-time, non-salaried student status. Includes entry to all sessions on Friday and Saturday, Networking Reception, morning and afternoon teas and lunches.
Day Registration includes morning and afternoon tea, lunch on one day.
Menopause Essentials Update, the Australasian Menopause Society plan to run an afternoon Thursday 2nd August from 1000-1230 - details yet to be released.
**** Note registration for this will be in addition to ASPOG Registration.
Friday 3rd August 2018
Venue: Western Sydney University
An opportunity to network with colleagues and friends after the first day has closed. Canapes, as well as a beverage will be offered for 2 hours.
Ticket: Included in full registration fees, Extra Ticket at $65 per person (day delegates and accompanying persons)
Cancellation must be made in writing to the Secretariat. Cancellations received prior to 30 June 2018 will be refunded less an administration fee of $110.00. Cancellations made after this date will not be eligible for a refund, although registrations are transferable.
Payment of Fees – ASPOG is not registered for GST
- All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and do not include GST as ASPOG is exempt from charging GST and is not registered to do so. All hotels will provide a tax invoice for accommodation on departure.
- Payment options – online with credit card, or via EFT according to the details on the invoice.
- The ABN for the ASPOG is ABN 66 168 702 936. Tax invoices will be issued to all registrants following receipt of the registration form. Unless otherwise requested in writing the Tax Invoice will be in the name of the registered delegate.
- If payment is being processed through a large organisation, please register online, select ‘payment later’ and an invoice will be emailed to you. Payment via EFT or credit card can be made according to the details on the invoice.
All registrations will be acknowledged in writing with confirmation of requirements as indicated on your Registration and will be accompanied by a tax invoice and receipt for any payment received. If you do not receive written acknowledgement within 5 business days, contact the Meeting Manager. Please check your confirmation letter carefully and notify the Meeting Manager immediately of any changes required.
Park Royal Parramatta has offered discount of 10% off 'best available rate'.
This rate includes a reduced buffet breakfast rate of $20.00 (normally $32) when dining at Table 30 Restaurant for breakfast.
Please use this link to make a booking: here