Held at Western Sydney University, Parramatta CBD, Sydney, the theme of the meeting is ‘Women’s health, life and rights’, focusing on diverse psychosocial aspects of women’s reproductive health. This will include clinical updates and cutting edge research across a range of disciplines.
We invite obstetricians, gynaecologists, general practitioners, sexual health providers, allied health professionals, trainees and women’s reproductive health researchers to present and attend the conference.
Parramatta has always been a meeting place. The meeting of salt and fresh water brought the Indigenous clans of the Darug together, the area’s first inhabitants and traditional custodians for over 40,000 years.
Today Parramatta is a lively multicultural city and a hub of dining, shopping, commerce and entertainment, a scenic ferry or train ride from Sydney CBD.
Invitation to submit
We welcome papers on all topics that reflect the interests of the society, in particular those that fall under the theme for this year’s meeting: ‘Women’s Health, Lives & Rights’.
- Abstracts must be no more than 300 words.
- Abstracts should not contain references or figures; however, they may contain tables.
- Please submit in a word document using Arial font size 11. The title is to be left justified, in Upper and Lower Case (not CAPITALS) followed by double spacing, then author/s name/s in upper and lower case. Use number superscripts for authors’ institutional affiliations and list affiliations and city below the names. The name of the author presenting the paper must be underlined: a) Title (Upper and Lower Case – not CAPITALS); b) Author 1, Author 2, Author 3; c) One organisation and city (one line per affiliation) .
- Do not use printing enhancements such as different fonts, italics, underlining, bold text etc, except for italics for non-English words or scientific names where necessary.
- All abstracts will be printed as submitted, so should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar before submitting.
- Your abstract may be eligible for one of the prizes. Please check if you are eligible for any of the prizes, refer to guidelines on the website.
- Include a statement on ethical compliance, not counted in word limit.
- Abstracts must be submitted by email (as a Word attachment) to Lesley Woods, email@example.com
- Please name the e-mail attachment as follows:
- First author’s surname+initials.doc eg Citizen J.doc
- If you are the first author on more than one abstract, please number the e-mail file as follows: Citizen J1.doc, Citizen J2.doc
- Emails MUST be received on or before Friday 27 April 2018. You will be emailed an acknowledgment of receipt.
Notification of Acceptance
- Authors will be advised by Friday 1 June 2018 whether or not their abstracts have been accepted.
- Successful abstracts will be published in the Meeting handbook and distributed to delegates at the Annual Scientific Meeting. Abstracts will be published only if the presenting author is a registered or invited delegate. If authors do not register by the specified date of Friday 6 July 2018, the abstract will not appear in the program and will not be published.
ASPOG offers three prizes for papers presented at the ASPOG annual meeting.
1. THE “ASPOG NEW RESEARCHER PRIZE”
Applicants will be eligible for this prize if they are within 5 years of a Bachelor, Masters or a PhD degree or of obtaining fellowship of a National Clinical College, and present their paper in person at the meeting.
The Prize consists of a framed plaque and future subscription to an ASPOG scientific meeting to be used within 5 years of it being awarded.
2. “ROGER WURM AWARD” FOUNDER OF ASPOG 1991 To be awarded for the best scientific paper presented in person at the annual meeting.
The prize consists of a framed plaque.
3. “THE SUZANNE ABRAHAM CLINICAL PRESENTATION AWARD”
To be awarded for the best clinical presentation during the specified session of the meeting by a junior doctor (registrar or below).
The prize consists of a monetary award of $450.
The ASPOG Program and call for abstracts information is correct at the time of printing. However, the organisers reserve the right to change the information where necessary without notice.
Members of ASPOG attend our conferences at reduced rates. To become a member please complete an application form and forward it to the Secretariat along with the $90 (Full Membership, or Student Membership $40) annual subscription.
Details will be available in late January.